Monday, December 28, 2009

Life and Goals

I watched Julia & Julie the other night, this time with my man. There is a scene where Julie is deciding how long to blog for and she states that she has to have a goal otherwise it will never get accomplished. I had a light bulb moment that I an rigged the same way. I have all these half done craft projects and home projects and even my dieting is always being put off for some other new idea. When I work for someone else I am very organized and prompt but in my own home I am neither.

So on Saturday my man bought me a Wii fit to go with my new Wii. Since my next semester of school I go on Mon., Wed., and Friday and I get home before the kids there are no more road blocks in that department. Besides it really is fun!

Second I don't know about anyone else but I have a lot of cooking magazines and cookbooks, that well I never use or maybe there is one receipe in them I like. Starting yesterday I began cooking through the magazines and it too was fun. I made these really yummy, easy ham sandwiches with baked beans (canned not a receipe) and water gate salad. The salad was ok with the family (we took a vote) but the sandwiches were a hit. They are made on rolls, mayo inside with ham, red onion and a slice of chedder. Here's the really good part, you melt butter and stri in some djion mustard. Spread that on the top of the rolls and sprinkle with poppy seeds, then bake in oven until warmed up. I made two 9 x 13 pans (about 24). It took no time and would be a great way to serve a warm sandwich at a small party.

Keep checking back and I will continue to let you know about my progress in both my weight (according to Wii and I think it is right I am obese - so there is work to be done), my conquering of cookbooks and any other hurtles I may over come in the coming year! (why doesn't this have spell check :-(   )

No comments:

Post a Comment