Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mama Kat's Assignment

I haven’t written anything for a while and even reading Mama Kat’s reading prompts was hard. I seem to have a bad case of writer’s block. Maybe because school is out my brain took a vacation too! But I made myself choose one so I could get back in the swing of things, so here goes it.


5.) “You know a happy ending isn’t really the end. It’s just the place where you choose to stop telling the story. Why not make everything work out when you have the chance?” Where would you could you place your happy ending? (inspired by The Myth Of You And Me pg. 137)


     Happy endings remind me of an end to the movie, the screen credits roll up and “The End” appears. You leave either thinking good thoughts or wishing you could have those few hours back to do something worthwhile. Perhaps that is what life is all about. Our happy ending could be the end of our life, with contemplation of how we lived our lives or it could be at the points in our lives when we felt we had achieved some measure of success, self-worth or milestone.

     I tend to think in Technicolor so my happy ending would be like something out of a Bollywood movie, lots of singing and dancing. Happy endings would come at times like graduations, weddings and births. Though, even some deaths would need to be celebrated with song and dance for a life well lived.

     Personally I envision a happy ending when I finish college and walk the isle to get my college diploma. I don’t think I will literally break out in song and dance but later I will. But I hope the story doesn’t end there. I am a long way off (I hope) from having the credits of my life rolling up. But every day has the possibility if a happy ending!

10 comments:

  1. I love the idea of every day having the chance of a happy ending! That is a great way of looking at things! And life would be so fun if it was a Bollywood musical EVERY DAY!

    Visiting from Mama Kats...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll have that same feeling when I finish school at the end of this year :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, singing is good. I love to break out into song at random times. My fiance loves it. Let's sing together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the positiveness (is that a word?) of your post. I TRY to be a glass half full kind of person too.

    Stopping by from mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think we could arrange to have singing and dancing, you know? smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Over from Mama Kat's.

    I would love to see your Bollywood graduation. No joke, if it happens post it please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And if the happy ending doesn't happen today, tomorrow provides us with the next opportunity for happiness...that's why I still get up every morning (I don't wanna miss a good day).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your happy ending happens! Liked your post, don't think you are too blocked to write:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very early in the morning, Bollywood Indy films are on TV. I think such an ending would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Graduating from college was definitely a happy ending for me at the time!! Oh my gosh to be finally finished with school work!! You'll get there. :)

    ReplyDelete